Welcome to Sexual Health North and North East Lincolnshire
We provide free and confidential sexual health services in North and North East Lincolnshire, with clinics in Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Barton and Brigg. This includes information and advice on all types of contraception and STI testing and treatment. Our service is confidential, non-judgmental and for people of all ages, genders and orientations.
Everyone is welcome and you don’t need to see a GP first. You can attend one of our walk-in clinics, book an appointment online 24/7 or speak to us on 0300 330 1122. Our phone line is available Monday to Thursday 8am-8pm, Friday 8am – 5.30pm and Saturday 9am-5pm.
Important information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and for your own protection, we have taken the decision to cancel all walk-in clinics and suspend the online booking facility until further notice.
We will still be seeing patients on an appointment only basis. We also have staff happy to help over the phone:
- 0300 330 1122 for Teesside and Northern Lincolnshire residents
- 0300 303 8565 for Oldham, Bury and Rochdale residents
- 0300 247 0020 for Cheshire West and Chester residents
NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service that can tell you if you need medical help and advise you what to do Please follow Government advice published at nhs.uk/coronavirus.
Do not visit any of our facilities if:
- A high temperature, meaning you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- A new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
- You live with someone displaying any of the above symptoms
The NHS and Public Health England (PHE) are well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as normal
The latest information can be found at www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Services available at clinics in Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Brigg and Barton
- Counselling and advice
- Contraception (all types)
- Emergency contraception (the emergency IUD and emergency contraceptive pills)
- Screening and treatment for all sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including people living with HIV
- Express testing
- Hepatitis B vaccinations
- Smear tests
- Pregnancy testing
- Coil and implant fitting and removal
- Referral for termination of pregnancy
For smear tests, please visit your GP first. You can also access most contraception including first and repeat prescriptions at your GP.
North and North East Lincolnshire Sexual Health Clinics
Riverside Surgery, Brigg
Barnard Avenue, Brigg, North Lincolnshire, DN20 8AS
Free onsite patient car park and Tesco car park is available
Central Surgery, Barton
Barton Central Surgery, King Street, Barton Upon Humber, North Lincolnshire, DN18 5ER
Free onsite patient car park
Birkwood Medical Centre
Birkwood Medical Centre, Westward Ho, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN34 5BH
Free onsite patient car park
Stirling Street Medical Centre
Stirling Street Medical Centre, Stirling Street, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire , DN31 3AE
Free onsite patient car park and road side parking available
The Ironstone Centre
The Ironstone Centre, West Street, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, DN15 6HX
Parking on site and free for two hours, please ensure you still obtain a free ticket from the parking machine for your stay if it’s two hours or less
If you have any of the following urgent symptoms, please call us ASAP or visit one of our walk in clinics: severe stomach pains with heavy bleeding (women only), severe pain in your testicles (men only), very painful blisters, very painful ulcers and/or unusual discharge from your genitals.
If you need urgent support out of hours, visit your nearest Urgent Care Centre, which is likely to be the Emergency care centre, Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital, Scartho Road, Grimsby, DN33 2BA. In an emergency out of hours, visit your nearest A&E.
Emergency contraception - IUDs
Emergency IUDs are the most effective form of emergency contraception and can be fitted at our sexual health clinics (please call us on 0300 330 1122 or book an appointment online). Emergency contraceptive pills are available free from our sexual health clinics, some pharmacies and GP practices. Out of hours, emergency contraceptive pills are available from most NHS walk-in centres, minor injury units, and some hospital A&E departments. It is also available (at a cost) from most pharmacies.
If you’ve had unprotected sex and want to know your pregnancy risk and options, you might like to use the SXT emergency contraception calculator. This will help you to assess your pregnancy risk but it cannot tell you for certain whether you are or will become pregnant.
Emergency contraception - contraceptive pills
Emergency contraceptive pills are available free from our sexual health clinics, some pharmacies and GP practices. Out of hours, emergency contraceptive pills are available from most NHS walk-in centres, minor injury units, and some hospital A&E departments. It is also available (at a cost) from most pharmacies.
Click on the red Emergency pill finder button below to find out where you can get the emergency contraceptive pill near you.Emergency pill finder
PEPSE (anti-HIV medication)
PEPSE can stop HIV infection taking hold after the virus has entered the body. However, it is an emergency measure to be used as a last resort, for example if a condom breaks. Please call us if you think you need PEPSE on 0330 330 1122. You can get this from Sexual health and HIV clinics, Accident & Emergency. Regular family doctors (GPs) don’t give PEPSE.
Rape and abuse
If you’ve been sexually assaulted please don’t suffer alone, it’s important that you’re seen as soon as possible for physical and emotional support. You can call us straight away but we recommend you first contact your nearest Sexual Assault & Referral Centre (SARC) which is called CASA Suite for care and support. You can call them on 0330 223 0181 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Order a free STI test
Get free condoms
If you’re under 25, you can get free condoms at our sexual health services and some GP surgeries. 25 or over? You can access free condoms at any of our sexual health or contraceptive clinics each time you attend. Please ask a clinician.
Changing your appointment
Please let us know as soon as possible if you need to change your appointment time or if you are unable to attend your appointment. Please contact 0300 330 1122, Text 07860 052902 or change/cancel your appointment online if you have created an online account.
- Humberside Police (domestic abuse support)
- Safer Homes (Support scheme for victims and children of domestic abuse)
- The Blue Door (offering support services to women in North Lincolnshire)
- Lincolnshire Rape Crisis (specialist sexual violence support service for women and girls)
- CASA Suite (care and support for victims of sexual assault and rape)
- Health and Wellbeing Team (Mental and Emotional, Diet, Weight, Physical Activity, Smoking, Confidence and Relationships)
- LGBT North East (connecting LGBT communities across the North East)
- Victim Support (support for victims of crime in the Lincolnshire area)
- North East Lincolnshire Women’s Aid (domestic abuse services, support and information)
- I Want Prep Now (Access to Prep, Information and Treatment)
- MESMAC North East (a gay/bisexual men’s health project)
- Pregnancy Advisory Service (Termination of Pregnancy Self Referral)
- BPAS Doncaster ( British Pregnancy Advisory Service)
- Life Central (help with stuff going on in your life)